I recently wrote about my one and only New Years Resolution on January 1 and I’m sticking with that. These are my 2018 Goals and I feel like it will all fall into that ONE resolution.
I’ve been exhaustively working on myself in every way imaginable in just the first 10 days of this year. So I’m feeling pretty excited to be on the right track and I have an unusually positive outlook on what 2018 holds.
- Clean eating and incorporating more clean products in my life.
- I have and still am exploring everything there is to know about my personality type INFJ over the last three months. I really wish I had done this sooner because I could’ve saved myself so much despair and heartbreak over the years. It’s considered the rarest of all types which includes only 1-2% of the population. I’ve realized how unusual I really am and instead of being embarrassed about it I’ve decided to embrace it.
- Therapy and not in the traditional sense. Spiritual 100%. I don’t have anything to say about this yet (partly because I have too much to say) but I may write about it at a later date.
- Trying Reiki, Cupping and maybe Acupuncture- I’ve tried Reiki a couple of times and it wasn’t super successful, I feel like I really held back and felt nothing at all- positive or negative. I’ll be trying someone new and I’m hoping to have a positive expansive and therapeutic experience. If I do, you will hear about it in 2018.
- Negative talk- I’m making a valiant effort to cut out the negative all the way around. Carrying negativity does no one any good. What I’ve found is that my personality really absorbs other peoples emotions so I’ve been working on how to protect myself from that. Again, probably an upcoming blog post about this revelation.
- Exercise- Consistency is something I’ve always struggled with but I’ve finally got a decent handle on this one. Running is my new game and I’m incredibly shocked that I actually enjoy it. I never thought I’d see the day….seriously…never! I’m adding Barre and Pilates to my routine. I’ve set the intention so it’s time to make it happen.
- Meditate every single morning as soon as I get up. When I do this it changes my entire outlook on my day ahead.
- Find a cohesive balance between family, this blog and my business.
It’s so easy to get caught up in the every day hectic schedules and forget to really enjoy life together. Sure we enjoy life but this year I want to be more deliberate when spending time together. Really plan things together and stick to the plan. Over the last couple of years, we’ve put too many family moments in between all the madness of busy schedules. Family time needs to be a priority not an after thought.
- More watching the sunrise at the beach as a family.
- More paddle boarding.
- More family walks, maybe even a few hikes….lets not get too fancy though. There may be a post about my Death March in 2017 to understand my hiking angst. Brutal.
- More family dinners together, not grabbing something quick (and mostly unhealthy) while flying out the door.
- More nights with the kids sitting in the pickup box and looking at the stars. Seriously, why not! So simple and such a great time to bond.
- Getting up just a few minutes earlier so I’m not barking orders and starting the morning off on the wrong foot.
- Organizing rooms more so that it’s not a constant battle of looking for things.
- Add something to our “Thankful Jar” each day. It’s so easy to forget all of the little things in life that we should be thankful for. Just taking 5 seconds to jot it down on a piece of paper really offers perspective not to mention it’s fun to reflect on them all at the end of the year.
It’s a new year with unlimited possibilities have you thought about your list of goals? Share them with us!